Biomarkers are evaluated as indicators of normal biologic processes, pathologic processes, or biological responses to a therapeutic intervention. For this reason they are widely tested in research labs by scientists seeking to discover the novel mechanisms underlying biological processes.
It is critical during the validation and application of any biomarker to use an assay and analysis protocol that is reliable and reproducible.
With an extensive track record working with academic groups Affinity Biomarker Labs is ideally positioned to support fundamental scientific research projects.
- Routine and esoteric biomarker analysis - any study size catered from small discovery cohorts through to large longitudinal studies
- Extensive experience with a range of matrices including serum, plasma, urine and CSF
- Single analyte and multiplex assay validation and testing
- Range of platforms including ELISA, clinical chemistry, immunoassay, coagulation, haematology, mass spectrometry and multiplex systems
- Assay validation including preanalytical factors assessment such as sample collection, sample and analyte stability testing